Work at Eagleton
Eagleton’s Center for Youth Political Participation is seeking a Graduate Assistant
for its RU Ready in the Classroom Initiative.
- Develop nonpartisan educational and multimedia content for RU Ready in the Classroom, an initiative for fostering youth civic engagement in students’ communities by providing evidence-based resources and lesson modules to support high school educators in teaching democracy.
- Develop relationships with high schools in the state of New Jersey for enhanced utilization of civic education materials and teaching resources.
- Provide support to teachers as they integrate RU Ready materials and programming into existing their school framework.
- Provide administrative support for program through the creation of social media graphics, website updates, and professional development events.
- Pursuing a graduate degree in Education or a related field of study at Rutgers University
- Background in civic education and curriculum development a plus but not required
- Experience with social media content creation a plus
To remain informed of job vacancies across the University, visit jobs.rutgers.edu.
General Internship Inquiries
Student interns can earn credit for their work with various Eagleton centers and projects. Volunteers and work study students also assist Eagleton in its work.
For more information, contact Sarah Kozak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eagleton Public Events and Special Projects
Volunteers and interns help staff and publicize Eagleton’s public events. Gain valuable experience for your resume and guarantees you a seat at our popular events! Contact: Max Vazquez
RU Voting Internship with Eagleton’s Center for Youth Political Participation
CYPP is accepting applications for RU Voting interns for Fall 2021!
Interns will work on RU Voting, a non-partisan effort to register, mobilize and engage Rutgers University students to participate in politics and vote in local, state and national elections. Students from all years, majors, campuses and schools are encouraged to apply.
Darien Civic Engagement Project with Eagleton’s Center for Youth Political Participation
Looking to receive 1.5 credits for encouraging political participation in the New Jersey elections? Apply for the fall cohort of the Darien Civic Engagement Project! Students from all majors, years, schools and campuses are encouraged to apply.
Eagleton Center on the American Governor (ECAG) Internships
Web design and research internships available throughout the year.
Contact: Professor Kristoffer Shields
Data Visualization and Graphic Representation Intern — ECPIP
The data visualization and graphic representation intern will create, maintain, and advance the Center’s capabilities to visually and graphically display data from poll results in press releases, on the Center’s official website and social network accounts, and in its other publications. The intern will specifically be responsible for generating and continually updating graphs and charts that depict important data trends over time. The goal of the position will be to create graphics and visual displays that enhance the findings from the Center’s data. Learn more and apply.
General Research Intern — ECPIP
The general research intern will assist ECPIP staff with conducting research and communicating findings to the public. The general research intern’s responsibilities will include: attend weekly ECPIP meetings, prepare weekly progress reports for ECPIP staff, assist with press release preparation, write blog posts, and conduct research and analysis of data. Additionally, the general research intern must maintain confidentiality about all survey instruments, projects, and data until they are published and released to the public. Learn more and apply.
Public Relations and Social Media Intern — ECPIP
The public relations/social media intern will develop, maintain, and expand the online presence of ECPIP, predominantly on Facebook and Twitter. Written strategy plans and assignments will be required weekly throughout the semester. The intern will also keep track of any press received by ECPIP. The intern will work closely with other ECPIP staff. Learn more and apply.
Website Design and Maintenance Intern — ECPIP
The website maintenance intern will primarily be responsible for the ECPIP website. The intern will maintain and expand the current site. The ECPIP site is WordPress-based. Learn more and apply.
Student Job Opportunities
If you are eligible for the Federal Student Work Study program you can request to be placed at Eagleton Institute during the academic year.
Contact: Gloria Minor
The Eagleton Institute of Politics is seeking Rutgers University students to assist the facilities and kitchen staff:
- Assist in food preparation
- No experience necessary
- First and second year students are encouraged to apply
- Compensation is $11/hour
- Eagleton is located on the Douglass Campus
For questions of inquires, please contact: Mike Soga, Coordinator of Facilities and Events