Support this program. Donate Now!
Rutgers-Eagleton Washington Internship Award Program
Rutgers-Eagleton Washington Internship Award Program provides one-time grants of up to $5,000 to outstanding Rutgers undergraduate students for summer internships in the government/public service in Washington, DC. The monetary award is meant to ease the financial burden of working in Washington D.C. and is intended to offset living expenses. Seven students will be chosen to receive awards in 2017.
The 2017 application period ended at 5:00PM on Wednesday, March 8, 2017. Selection of awardees will be completed on or before April 21, 2017. Applicants will be notified at that time.
Applicants will be evaluated based on individual initiative, academic achievement, extracurricular involvement and service, and financial need. Selection of awardees will be completed on or before April 21, 2017.
Complete applications must include:
- Completed online form
- Cover letter
- Three references (no letters of recommendation required)
- Unofficial transcript
- List of classes being taken in Spring 2017
- Applicants must have completed a 2016-2017 FAFSA.
- Awardees will be required to independently secure their Washington, D.C. internship positions by May 26, 2017 in order to be eligible to receive their award. Eagleton staff can provide assistance identifying internship opportunities.
- The internship must encompass at least 120 hours of work. Priority will be given to students pursuing a full-time internship.
- Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey for Spring 2017.
- Rutgers undergraduates from all majors and campuses are encouraged to apply.
- The award can stand alone or can complement a paid internship, though preference will be given to students with unpaid internships.
- Applicants are not required to have an internship in place at the time of application.
After completing the internship, awardees will be required to promote their experience in Washington to fellow Rutgers students to improve awareness of the award and of career opportunities in Washington, DC.
A list of application FAQs and answers is available here.
Still have questions, contact Randi Chmielewski, manager for outreach and special projects, at email@example.com or 848-932-8455.